Conformity. It is everywhere I look. It is staring me in the eyes as I walk down the hallway at school and drive down the street. I am constantly reminded of it every time I watch TV or listen to music. I see thugs, preps, and goths who are just trying to fit in and to find their place in society. I refuse. I refuse to look for comfort or approval from man. My God is the only one's opinion that I care about. It should be yours too. Place God so high that no other matters. Don't let a guy take advantage of you, don't drink because your friends do, don't take a joint because its been handed to you. Take God and hold onto him so tightly that none of the worldly struggles seem like struggles anymore, but measly scraps of dirt you need to brush off your pants after falling.
Let us, instead, rebel. Rebel against the worlds views of beauty and fun. Show them that true happiness comes from above. Show them pot isnt needed to get a high, and alcohol isnt needed to forget about regrets and the world around you. ALL YOU NEED IS GOD! Rebel, and be his child.
"You're just a conformist if you're drunk and naked, and driving around on a motorcycle, smoking cigarettes and breaking commandments and getting pregnant out of wedlock. Everyone's done that! That's so tired. If you really want to be a rebel, read your Bible, because no one's doing that. That's rebellion. That's the only rebellion left!"
No comments:
Post a Comment